12 Days from Anchorage
Departures Friday, Sunday, Tuesday
From $3,499 per person + $429 Tax
This is our most complete self drive vacation visiting the Kenai, Denali National Park and Wrangell-St. Elias National Parks. Also included in this vacation is a Luxury Dome Rail visit to Denali National Park.
- Tour operates as published Friday, Sunday, Tuesday
- Tour operates in reverse Friday, Monday, Wednesday
- Self–drive —travel at your pace
- Full size car for seven days
- Spencer Glacier Float Trip
- Kenai Fjords Dayboat Tour
- Wrangell St. Elias Flightseeing and Park Tour
- Luxury Dome Rail
- Anchorage, Seward, Whittier, Valdez, Wrangell-St. Elias
- Copper Center, Fairbanks, Denali Park, Anchorage
Day 1 – Anchorage
Arrive in Anchorage. Pick up full-size car with unlimited mileage. (We use full size cars because they are very stable and can handle your luggage.)
Day 2 – Spencer Glacier Float Trip and Seward
Depart this morning for a short 55-mile drive to the Portage Train Depot. Here you board the Alaska Railroad and rail to Spencer Lake. Disembark and enjoy a day floating amongst icebergs before floating the Spencer River. You return to Portage and then drive 83 miles to Seward for the night.
Day 3 – Seward Sightseeing
Depart on your morning tour to Kenai Fjords National Park to view the wildlife and glaciers. This 6-hour cruise travels throughout the Kenai Fjords National Park and the Chiswell Islands National Wildlife Refuge. Wildlife is abundant throughout the National Park, and the tidewater glaciers are massive. You’ll visit Holgate or Aialik Glacier, where you can witness calving. This cruise also offers the best opportunity for whale watching in Alaska. With photo opportunities galore, your cruise will be unforgettable. (L)
Day 4 – Seward / Whittier / Valdez
Today’s drive is 95 miles to the Port of Whittier. Along the way you will travel through one of the longest tunnels in North America. Board your car on the Marine Highway Ferry sailing across Prince William Sound past Columbia Glacier to the Port of Valdez.
Day 5 – Wrangell-St. Elias National Park
Depart today for the scenic 145-mile drive to Chitina on the edge of the Wrangell St. Elias National Park. One of the highlights today will be crossing Thompson Pass and viewing the Worthington Glacier.
Day 6 – Wrangell-St. Elias National Park
Day 7 – Chitina / Fairbanks
Today you travel the Richardson Highway, north to the intersection of the famed Alaska Highway. From here you will head northwest to the Golden Heart City of Fairbanks. Return your rental car tonight.
Day 8 – Fairbanks
You will have some leisure with time to explore Fairbanks. You may want to visit Pioneer Park or the University of Alaska’s Natural History Museum. Your afternoon tour is a cruise on the Chena and Tanana Rivers aboard the sternwheeler Discovery.
Day 9 – Fairbanks / Denali National Park
Depart this morning via Luxury Dome rail to Denali Park. You arrive around noon to begin your exploration of the park.
Day 10 – Customize your Denali National Park Experience
Today is yours to schedule your personal exploration of the Park. Click Here for all the possible tour options you have to customize your stay in the park.
Day 11 – Denali / Anchorage
The morning is free for hiking or going to the Park Visitor Center. Depart at 12:30pm on the Luxury Dome railcars for your trip to Anchorage. Upon arrival transfer to your hotel.
Day 12 – Tour ends
Your tour ends today upon departure from your hotel.
|Departure Dates (2021)||Double||3rd and 4th||Single|
|June 1 – August 31||$3,599||$1,849||$5,799|
* 3rd and 4th person rates are based on sharing with two full fare guests.
* All prices are in U.S. dollars.* Unless otherwise indicated, all rates shown are per person in U.S. Dollars, sharing double occupancy. All rates are subject to change.Unless otherwise indicated all tours are available for daily departure during the effective date range.We offer and strongly recommend travel insurance to protect your vacation. Click Here for details and to purchase.